
I am a scrap booking flunkee. I don't keep up with baby books. I rarely remember to write the cute things my kids say down. This is a major reason why I started this blog in the first place. I can put pictures and thoughts down in the same place? I can do this from the comfort of my bedroom? It doesn't require creativity, glue or glitter? Hallelujah!! One of the games my kids have devised recently is called "the thinking game". Yes, they came up with the name all on their own! It usually begins in the car when the mommy is desperate for silence conversation. They usually pick objects they see while driving and give clues to have me guess what they are thinking about. Most often it goes something like this:
Drew: "It's something that's blue and white
Alex: "Paint!!!"
Drew : "No silly" lots of giggles
Drew: "It's outside and you can see it while we're driving"
Alex: "A dinosaur" Huh???
Drew: "You are so silly!!! There are clouds in it, and airplanes and helicopters"
Alex: " The sky?"
Drew: "YES!" loud cheering erupts from the back seat.
Drew: "Mommy, do you have anything we can guess?"
And on and on we go... The game usually goes through lots of objects and things outside. It is so neat to see how their minds work and watch them process information. They constantly amaze me with their ability to reason and figure things out. They are learning and changing everyday, and that makes it all worth it-even if I'm desperately craving a few minutes of silence.
Now the "baby game" they devised, that's a whole different story...we'll just leave that for another post on another day!

No comments:
Post a Comment