It's late...actually very very early. I can't sleep for some reason. It's very windy and rainy here which might explain some of it. I am fairly certain we will have two children sleeping with us before the night is over. My body is tired, but my mind doesn't seem to want to stop. Why does that always happen in the middle of the night? I've been thinking a lot lately about what my children will remember of their childhood when they are adults. Will Drew remember me raising my voice tonight when he dropped an egg on the floor? Will Alex have memories of me making laundry a priority over reading him a story? I hope and pray this is not the case. Being a mom is tough! I feel so responsible for helping them navigate and understand this world, but yet I know that I can't do it myself. It has to be a God thing. I can't do it without him. I pray that I will raise boys of character who love God, who are committed to doing his will for their life. That's a big challenge! I pray they will remember the fun times we have as a family, not all the times I fail. I pray they will remember the "hugs that fall down" the kisses and the laughter. I pray they will remember the feeling of security they felt when they woke up scared and came downstairs to sleep in our bed...even if they did hog the covers! I love my little men so much!! Thank you God for giving me this responsibility-help me as I navigate this journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment