Friday, October 12, 2007

No TV Friday


Today is "No TV Friday" at our house. Is this a punishment for the mom or the children? I am fed up with the whining, complaining and fussing to watch TV. They want to watch TV before breakfast, during breakfast, after breakfast, during lunch, after naptime...you get the picture. All day long I hear little whines such as "we want to watch max and ruby, we want curious george, we want to watch a video, on and on and on. I have nothing against television, a hour or two is fine, (some days, it is the only way to accomplish things around the house) but I feel as I am raising two comatose couch potatoes who can no longer play by themselves. I decided a few days ago, enough of the fussing! Fridays are now "no TV friday" in this household. What was I thinking? I will definitely need to celebrate tonight with a smirnoff after the children are in bed! So here's to using our imagination, playing with our forgotten toys, and spending time together. Wish me luck today!!

No comments: